I gotta tell you, this is my favorite recipe to date! It’s easy, packed with protein and soooooo yummy!! As my taste buds are maturing and I’m branching out more into different types of foods, I’m craving more flavor. My recent passion is for Indian food because it’s flavorful and lends itself really well to my plant-based/vegan lifestyle. If you enjoy curry, I hope you will love this recipe as much as my family and I do. I make a fresh batch every week. It goes well as a spread for veggie sandwiches, as a dip for fresh veggies, or with pita.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: N/A
(makes ~2 cups)
- 1 15 oz. can BPA- free garbanzo beans (Eden Organic or Trader Joe’s), drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon mild curry powder (I use Sharwood’s Mild Curry Powder)
Note: If using a stronger curry powder, you might want to reduce to 1/4 or 1/8 teaspoon
- ~ 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or salt to taste
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- For best results, served chilled.
Remember…always eat with a grateful ♥.